Get ready for a heartwarming story ’cause Katie + Jeff’s backyard farm wedding in Waverly, Iowa is the epitome of love, family, and let’s not forget – some serious Taylor Swift vibes! Everything about this wedding was up my alley… meaning if you resonate with any of it, you’re my kinda couple!!
Katie and Jeff’s Backyard Farmhouse Intimate Wedding
Talk about last-minute changes – due to impending bad weather, Katie and Jeff legit texted me at 7 AM ON THE DAY, asking if we could pull off their wedding that same day instead of Saturday. And get this: Katie said, “If Jamie can’t do it, then I’m not doing it.” Well, you better believe we made it happen!
This was an all-hands-on-deck, all-outdoorsy, tent-style wedding right on Katie’s parents’ farm. The highlight? Just how freakin’ amazing their families are. These are the kind of people who will move mountains, or in this case, a whole wedding, for their kiddos.
And the best part – this wedding had a FULL-ON Shania Twain and Taylor Swift dance party to wrap it all up. Katie even sprinkled some Swiftie magic into her vows, and lemme tell you, it was everything.
Their Intimate Wedding Timeline
8 Hours of Coverage + First Look
- 12:30 pm: Arrival for scouting (Getting ready at an Airbnb)
- 1:00 pm: Detail shots (Think farm chic – flowers, rings, outfits)
- 1:30 pm: Wrapping up those ‘getting ready’ snaps
- 2:00 pm: First look, bride + groom (Private moment at the farm)
- 2:30 pm: Just the two of them (More farm shots)
- 3:00 pm: Wedding party pics
- 3:30 pm: Family photos
- 4:30 pm: Pre-ceremony touch-ups
- 5:00 pm: “I do” time!
- 5:30 pm: Katie’s side of the family portraits
- 6:00 pm: Cocktails, anyone?
- 6:30 pm: Making their reception entrance
- 6:30 pm: Let’s eat!
- 7:00 pm: Sunset couple shots (That golden hour, tho)
- 7:30 pm: Toasts to love
- 7:45 pm: Time to dance!
- 8:00 pm: Candid reception moments
- 9:00 pm: That’s a wrap on photos!
Katie and Jeff’s Intimate Wedding Vendors
Dress Shop: Hope’s Bridal
Tux Shop: Milroy’s in Waterloo
Let’s Create Your Epic Day!
Inspired by Katie + Jeff’s intimate, family-filled, Swiftie-approved farm wedding? Then what are you waiting for? Hit me up through my contact form and let’s get planning. In the meantime, check out another small and intimate wedding I’ve had the honor of photographing! Don’t forget to follow along on Insta for all the latest love stories.