I can’t wait to host a boudoir photo marathon in Des Moines, Iowa this Summer at a brand new studio space!
Ready to see what your boudoir images could look like with me?
What is a boudoir photo session?
A boudoir session is a power move. 😉
In short though, it a session that my clients use to feel empowered in their skin. They sometimes are completely naked, and other times just giving a tease through cozy fabrics.
Boudoir can either be a couples session or a single human alone.
How to feel confident during a boudoir Session
First and foremost, boudoir is for everyBODY. This is not a one size only type of art.
Confidence is key, and it is okay to be a little shy when we first start. My goal is to set those expectations so you feel comfortable because this is such a vulnerable session.
My best tip is make sure whatever you are wearing (or lack of wearing) feels natural to you. If you don’t own something, and it’s not something you’d wear again, chances are you might not like your final images because you don’t feel like yourself wearing that.
I’ve done multiple boudoir sessions and still to this day my favorite one was when I was true to myself and wore natural, earthy fabrics vs leather or a corset.
Every one is different, so wear what you want to wear. Because if you’re comfortable, the confidence will come!
How to Prep
- I love telling my clients to get a facial about 1-2 weeks prior to your session. The more moisture your skin has, the better it will absorb the professional makeup. Check out my favorite skin medspa, Blaze the Spa
- Plan for a date night on the town after! You will be so ready to flirt through a martini, trust me!
- Get your outfits at least a month prior, make sure they fit, and try them on in front of a mirror. You must feel comfortable for your confidence to come out. Try shopping for fun bra sets here!
- Plan a mood board! Take some time to search Pinterest, because I want to hear about your ideas, and of course if there is anything that makes you uncomfortable. You don’t have to wear leather, you can wear sweaters and cozy socks! Check out my mood boards!
- The more communication we have the better, talk to me about anything + everything. Fears, dreams, I want to hear it all.
Contact Jamie for your session!
Ready to step in front of the camera? Maybe a gift for yourself, maybe something spicy with your partner?
I love boudoir sessions, and I only offer them a few times a year!
Get in touch right now! PS: I travel all over the United States, so don’t let your location hold you back!