If someone told me to dream up the perfect wedding day, I would’ve described Mataya + AJ’s chill microwedding in Lake George, New York. It was a total VIBE, you guys. Imagine a backyard filled with close friends and family, everyone just vibing and having a blast. We’re talking about a legit outdoor ceremony, outdoor dinner, cocktails (AND custom mocktails for my non-boozy peeps). Basically, it was all about being with your faves and having a ridiculously good time.
Chill and Intentional Outdoor Microwedding in Lake George, NY
First things first: These two were NOT about those staged, awkward moments where everyone is trying to look perfect. Nah, they were more about capturing the vibe of the day – like, get this, they even got ready TOGETHER! Yeah, Mataya was doing her nails on the back porch while AJ finished up getting ready. I mean, c’mon, how much more real can you get?
Honestly, what stood out the most was just how laid-back and filled with laughter the day was. These two didn’t give a rat’s behind about impressing anyone; they were just there to love on their humans and each other. Total couple goals, if you ask me.
The Pre-Wedding Hang
But wait, there’s more! The day before, Mataya and AJ showed me around town, sharing their fave spots and stories about their wild days working together. We even got a little drenched in rain, but you know what? Who cares! We were too busy snapping fun pics at one of their go-to coffee shops.
Their Microwedding Timeline
8 Hours of Coverage + First Look
- 12:30 pm: Yours truly arrives to scout out the venue.
- 1:00 pm: Capture all the deets (Venue, flowers, rings, the works).
- 1:30 pm: Finishing touch-ups of the dynamic duo getting ready.
- 2:00 pm: Couple’s Portraits (THESE ARE FIRE, btw)
- 2:30 pm: Family snaps
- 3:30 pm: Pre-ceremony vibes
- 4:00 pm: It’s showtime, folks! Ceremony kicks off.
- 4:30 pm: Time to greet the fam and snap some candids.
- 5:30 pm: Cheers! Cocktail hour begins.
- 6:15 pm: Dinnertime (Spoiler: The food was unreal)
- 7:00 pm: Sunset photos (Cue the “awws”)
- 8:00 pm: S’mores tower. YES, A S’MORES TOWER!
- 8:30 pm: Reception candids + yard games (Cornhole, anyone?)
- 9:00 pm: That’s a wrap on the photo coverage!
Mataya and AJ’s Microwedding Vendors
Photographer: Jamie Tobin Photo
Florals: Piper and Pine Florals
Venue: The Chateau on the Lake
Wedding Dress: Revolve
Need a photographer for your chill AF microwedding?
If Mataya + AJ’s Lake George shindig sounds like your kinda party, I’m all ears (and lenses). Slide into my contact form and let’s make your dream day a reality. Till then, go check out another awesome elopement I documented; can you tell how much I love small weddings?! And don’t forget to hit me up on Insta for all the latest and greatest.